Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sketch Practice

Sketch practice with a couple of filters added to darken it. I tend to draw too lightly. Gee, wonder if that has anything to do with not really knowing how to do it? Uh, yep. And that is why it's called practice. She arrived through the pencils imagination but the dress is a version of one I had back in the sixties. Chocolate brown velour. Soooo comfortable. My mom hated it. Well, it didn't exactly have that dark neck to shoulder portion. Actually it started about where that ends, with gathers. Hey, it was the sixties. If mom's keeping an eye on me from out there in the universe, I suspect she is much happier with the revised version.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you're sketching. I think you especially did a really job on the hair. I would lose my attention span at that point, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martie,
    Sketching definitely challenges my patience. Since I rarely make time for it, it comes with frustration. Still, there are some projects I start that would really benefit from a bit of pre-sketching. Had a great time in a workshop a few years ago drawing without looking at the paper, drawing with the non-dominant hand, etc. I'll try and remember to post some of those examples. Most turned out pretty odd. They were fun to expand on with other mediums.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin