Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sketching: Before and After

I'm following up on a comment I made while responding to Taos Sunflower in an earlier post, about sketching, post processing changes in Photoshop Elements and providing before and after images. The sketch above is in its original state. (My sketchy thoughts of what Tinkerbell or some other faerie might look like.)

Taken a few steps further in Elements, she leaves me with the impression she is emerging from a tree. A magical woodland faerie? To arrive in her woody state she went through a few processes, most I cannot remember I'm afraid. I tend to apply and remove lighting, filters and make other changes in rapid succession, until I hit on something that feels right. Then on to the next round until I'm comfortable with the results.

Sorry for the signature across the faces. Just discovered my copyright protected images from both blogs are being grabbed and posted in the 'google images' area without my permission. Hopefully this will be a deterrent while I work on why that seems OK to google.

2 comments:

  1. That's so interesting, Chris. Thanks for kicking me in the rear to get back to learning about Photoshop (more than the basics). As for Google, they're kind of creepy that way. When I first got G mail, I started noticing they were sending me ads based on the private conversation I was having in my mail. I guess it's the price for "free". I have lots of sketches I don't want to post because of that. Maybe we can find an alternate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking up email conversation is a direction it never occurred to me they would go. Of course I never dreamed they would have a traveling bot picking up photos either. Frustrating. Haven't been able to do much digging but so far have not found an alternative that didn't require going back to working on my website instead. Much more time consuming than the blog. Will be keeping my eyes open however.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin