Monday, July 13, 2009

Monet I'm Not

Welcome to Sea Mist Studio! If you are a reader of my Sea Mist and Sunsets blog or found your way here through other means, as my Grandma used to say, come on in and sit a spell. If you have been following my other blog you are probably asking yourself, what in the world is she doing? She can't possibly have MORE to say?

Well, when Sea Mist and Sunsets kicked off last October I wasn't sure how often I would manage to post, but wanted a place to share photos, remembrances, thoughts on things that matter to me and hear your thoughts. We are all about footprints these days, so maybe I wanted to leave a few of those as well. Turns out I really enjoy creating the posts. And I love this wonderful opportunity to know folks from all around the world. Amazing, that. Anyway, the things I'm going to post here don't really fit over there. Though some of it would have gone to my website in days-gone-by, this takes far less time.

In my dreams I have a studio where I keep my crazy range of supplies. It has open walls to hang projects, light from windows and overheads, endless workspace, LOTS of storage, music, along with a place for friends to come play. The supplies are as real as the little bitty (read no Studio) house I live in. Sea Mist Studio seems to be the perfect trade off. There will be no formalities here so if you want to kick off your shoes and dance, go for it. While here you may find completed, half done or never-to-be-finished projects, things and people I find inspiring and who knows what else. It's a play room. Just remember, Monet or any number of other experts in their various crafts I'm not. This is about the fun of the process. Join me?

Things should start in the next week or so, once I've finished setting the blog up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I understand the half done projects, the partially thought through dreams and the kicking off the shoes and wiggling toes in the water. What to come play outside sometime in August? Saturday or Sunday best for you. We'll grab Carol and maybe another gal I think you'd like. We'll play making messes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to visit your studio! Can't wait to see more of what you create!
    Still working on that doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see what you have been doing when I was away on vacation...can't wait to see what you create in your "studio".

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin